Reykjavik revels in darkness for the 43rd annual Dusky Track Days pageant, held this year between January 24-28.
It’s the darkest time of year in Iceland’s capital, lending a mighty time to possess a fair correct time the native sounds of the island, as well to global musicians who possess traveled to serenade the land of ice and fireplace.
The pageant’s important focal point is recent Icelandic works, but the Dusky Track Days pageant gifts each Icelandic and global contemporary song within the properly-known Harpa Concert Hall and quite just a few prominent venues round Reykjavik. About a of the highlights for 2024 consist of Gyða Valtýsdóttir, Ragga Gísla, GROWL POWER – The song of Bára Gísladóttir, Cantoque Ensemble´s portrayal of Thorkell Sigurbjörnsson through his choral works, and Iceland Symphony Orchestra’s premiere of The Wanderer Symphony.
The Dusky Track Days 2024 pageant will characteristic over 20 events on its program this year, cyber web hosting prominent Icelandic composers and artists, as well to global guests who’re mad to perform and ride quite just a few world-class performances.
The pageant is held by the Icelandic Composers Society in collaboration with Iceland Track, Reykjavik Track City, and Harpa Concert Hall with beneficiant enhance by the Icelandic Nationwide Track Fund.
Dusky Track Days 2024 Performances
- Stirni Ensemble performs works by Kolbeinn Bjarnason, among others.
- Lunacy: A Joyous Play | Opera by Guðmundur Steinn Gunnarsson
- Growl Energy | Björg Brjánsdóttir flutist performs 4 solo items for flutes by Bára Gísladóttir
- Algerving | Multimedia installation by Atli Ingólfsson
- Glerhúsið | Exhibition
- Sinfóníuhljómsveit Íslands | Works by Bergrún Snæbjörnsdóttir, Þuríður Jónsdóttir, Finnur Karlsson and Icelandic Savor Cooperation: Eirún Sigurðardóttir and Jóní Jónsdóttir with Ólafur Björn Ólafsson and Una Sveinbjarnardóttir
- untitled | Ensemble Adapter performs Davíð Brynjar Fransson
- No extra no much less | EKKI MINNA perfroms works by Franz Schubert, Christian Winther Christensen, Mads Emil Dreyer, Johannes Kreidler, Áslaugu Magnúsdóttir & Mia Ghabarou
- Skerpla | Track by Pauline Oliveros
- Ragga Gísla X Cauda Collective | Cauda Performs Works by Ragnhildur Gísladóttir
- Caput | Caput performs works by Hafdís Bjarnadóttir, Páll Ragnar Pálsson, Úlfur Eldjárn, Þorkell Nordal and Cameron Anderton
- Soundbath | Soundbath for households
- MíT | Works by Björk and María Huld Markan Sigfúsdóttir
- R O R | Gyða Valtýsdóttir and Úlfur Hansson
- S.L.Á.T.U.R. | S.L.Á.T.U.R. performs works by S.L.Á.T.U.R.
- Fidelio Trio | Works by Ailís Ní Ríain,Simon Mawhinney, Anna Clyne, Hafliði Hallgrímsson, Lilja María Ásmundsdóttir Claudia Molitor and Una Sveinbjarnardóttir
- Kammersveit Reykjavíkur | Works by Karólína Eiríksdóttir, Finnur Karlsson, Áskell Másson and Kaija Sarriaho
- Pauline Oliveros | Convention in cooperation with Iceland College of the Arts
- Up to the moment Piano Currents | Works for piano and electronics by Kolbeinn Bjarnason, Olga Neuwirth, Oliver Sascha Frick, Kaija Saariaho and Yamamoto/Frick
- Cantoque sings Thorkell | Cantoque Ensemble performs choir works by Þorkell Sigurbjörnsson. Conducter: Steinar Lgi Helgason
- Lunacy: a Joyous Play | Opera by Guðmundur Steinn Gunnarsson